Dec 16, 2020
Brian and Amy discuss the cutting edge technology that powers
the Exercise Coach and makes it possible to deliver the world’s
smartest 20-minute workout. Learn the secret to maximizing fitness
results in the shortest time possible and how the Exerbotics
technology makes exercise more fun and effective, while being more
efficient at the same time.
- There are three things that make the workouts stand out at the
Exercise Coach: the workouts are based on the best science, use the
best technology, and are delivered by a network of
- “The best science” refers to the current understanding of
strength, based on research that has demonstrated strength and
muscle mass are the primary biomarkers for aging. Losing strength
and muscle mass due to aging leads to experiencing the diseases of
aging and metabolic decline.
- Science-based strength training can reverse decades of muscle
loss in just a few short months. Focusing on exercises that build
muscle contributes to a long, active, and healthy life.
- Exerbotics is the cutting-edge technology that powers the
signature program that Exercise Coach offers.
- Exerbotics quantifies exercise and helps people understand the
exercise that really matters. It also customizes exercise and
adapts to any body, making it just right for every fitness level.
It also optimizes results in the shortest amount of time and is
really the foundation for the 20-minute workout.
- When someone becomes an Exercise Coach client, their first step
is an assessment of their strength levels. This becomes the base
for the exercise program and Exerbotics continues to measure and
calibrate the effort they put out during exercise.
- Measuring effort is what matters the most since the current
science of strength shows that whole effort is what triggers the
results we want to get from exercise.
- Since the system adapts to the person, it becomes possible for
anyone to do. With Exerbotics, the Exercise Coach can provide
clients with extremely tailored exercise prescriptions. This
ability-based approach makes the program challenging enough to get
results, yet is something anybody can handle.
- Maximizing results while minimizing the time required wouldn't
be possible without Exerbotics.
- There are three possible modes of resistance training:
isotonic, isometric, and accommodating resistance. Accommodating
resistance is the opposite of isotonic resistance, Exerbotic
software controls the speed of the movement so that the muscle
loading can adjust in real time through the exercise.
- An individual’s strength isn’t static and fluctuates throughout
an exercise. It varies during a movement as the angles of your
joints change. With conventional resistance we run into sticking
points and the exercise needs to be tailored to the weakest point
in the movement, which prevents the muscles from being fully
- Accommodating resistance makes it easier to deeply fatigue
muscles in a much shorter time.
- Exerbotics delivers effective eccentric muscle loading as a
part of every exercise that someone does. Strength varies during
eccentric and concentric movements as well, which means that people
can miss out on powerful muscle benefits when using conventional
- Strength varies as muscles fatigue, and conventional resistance
doesn’t accommodate this change and limits how efficiently we can
deeply fatigue our muscles.
- Exerbotics also makes exercise safer. The Exercise Coach has
run millions of exercise sets with people who have run the gamut of
- Exerbotics controls the load with real time feedback based on
the exerciser. The digital biofeedback makes it easier to see what
you need to do in terms of effort, and this makes it easier to dig
deeper than you thought you could in order to work the muscle
groups that you’re trying to work.
- Real time feedback is a gamechanger for motivating effort and
getting people results. When athletes are provided with digital
feedback that quantifies their effort, it’s been shown to increase
their motivation, competitiveness, mood, and performance.
- The Exercise Coach uses the data from every workout to ensure
that more work is progressively applied to each workout to keep up
with the client’s increasing strength capabilities.
- Coaches are another key component. Coaches help clients stay
motivated and achieve more than they would otherwise. They also
provide accountability and keep clients on track each day.
- Coaches provide clients the confidence and encouragement they
need to give it their all during a workout. They also bring a
passion for education and dispelling myths about fitness that
people may have believed for years.
- There are five characteristics of a stand-out Exercise Coach.
The first is commitment and experience using the Exerbotics
equipment themselves for their own training. The second is empathy
and the ability to anticipate the needs of a client. The third is
energy, since coaches need to bring energy and positivity to the
client’s training session. The fourth is professionalism and being
respectful, kind, and taking their job seriously. The fifth is
instructional skill and being able to deliver the best exercise
experience for each client.
This podcast and blog are provided to you for entertainment and
informational purposes only. By accessing either, you agree that
neither constitute medical advice nor should they be substituted
for professional medical advice or care. Use of this podcast or
blog to treat any medical condition is strictly prohibited. Consult
your physician for any medical condition you may be having. In no
event will any podcast or blog hosts, guests, or contributors,
Exercise Coach USA, LLC, Gymbot LLC, any subsidiaries or affiliates
of same, or any of their respective directors, officers, employees,
or agents, be responsible for any injury, loss, or damage to you or
others due to any podcast or blog content.